Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Model Fatherhood


Happy Father’s Day!



The picture above was taken Christmas morning 1967. That's my Dad setting up the race track Santa gave me and that's me wearing my new football jersey.  My sister Tracy is on the right side of the picture holding her new baby doll.

The message today at the church I attend is from Rev. Brandon Frenzel. There is a Pastor’s Podcast at this link: Father’s Day Message. Below is the outline of the message.

Our Father in Heaven:

I. Is relational

Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God. - Exodus 29:45

II. Can be trusted

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deut. 31:6

III. Is giving; does not withhold

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all – how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? - Romans 8:32

IV. Loves extravagantly

The Lord your God is with you,
     The Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
     In His love He will no longer rebuke you
     But will rejoice over you with singing. - Zeph. 3:17

The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as He did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the wilderness. There you saw how the Lord you God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place. - Deut. 1:30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment