Monday, April 6, 2015

Making the Needed Adjustments

History is a great teacher and we must learn from history to help in making the needed adjustments in life. In the account of Jacob getting Isaac’s blessing in Genesis 27, we are given a sad chapter of everyone doing the wrong thing and examples of how the world has become a broken place.

In this account of God’s written Word, each parent had their favorite child. Rebekah convinced her favorite son to trick his father and receive his blessing instead of Esau. The results were disastrous. Rebekah never saw her son again, Jacob’s brother wanted to kill him, Esau became the founder of an enemy nation, and Jacob was exiled from his family for years.

God has provided the path for us to follow but it’s not always followed and the results are disastrous. Our prayer should always be that God searches inside us and clears out what should not be there. Here’s a video to inspire this desire: Search Me Lord - Gaither Vocal Band.



Show me Your ways, Lord, teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long. - Psalm 25:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment