Thursday, November 3, 2016

His Words Remaining in You

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. - John 15:7-8

One of the main lessons gained from reading in Hosea 7-8 and writing in the post “Hitting the Target” is the warning of guarding our hearts against blindness to sin. The way to hit the target is to repent of our own sin, give up our pride, and work to improve our own character by developing ways to look for and store up lessons from the Bible.

I’ve found that having a dog is great for anyone that needs to wake up early and study God’s Word. My Dog gets hungry very early and wakes me up. Once up, I’m more inclined and have more time to read the Bible and other devotionals before I start my day.

As was the case with Israel during Hosea’s time, sometimes we have to be brought down to our knees. We may think we know what’s best but it is our Father in Heaven who really knows. Getting into His Word and working to make them stick in our hearts so they remain in us is what we should strive for.

So the aim is to get into God’s Word on a daily basis so this action rids us of our way and leads us to the best Way. Enjoy today’s inspiring video: Lead Me to the Cross - Hillsong.


No comments:

Post a Comment