Thursday, June 22, 2017

Putting God First



Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. - Colossians 3:2

One of the main questions I tried to answer within the post “Responsible To Each Other” was how do we put God first in the future? After reading the passage and giving it some thought, the best way to answer the question is by putting God FIRST in our finances, our interests, our relationships, and in our time.  Like the song Fix My Eyes by King & Country, we should fix our eyes on the things of God.



I remember a while back when I drove to work and saw a double rainbow in the sky. I got out of my truck and started walking up the hill to the office when I realized that I left my badge in my truck so I walked back to my truck and noticed the rainbow again.

This time, I took a few seconds to aim my smart phone to get a picture of the rainbow. If we focus on God’s beauty, we are able to make it through anything and realize that at the end of the rainbow of life, there is a pot of gold because those who give up what’s in the world and follow Christ, receive eternal riches in the kingdom of God.

1 comment: