Thursday, October 6, 2016

Experts Can Have Many Misses

Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong. - Job 6:24

We can’t be assured of the proper guidance from experts or by using apps or maps. Experts can have many misses as they tell us what is best for us in our life. That’s why the greatest learning in life comes from God’s Word and by following His Way.

That’s not to say that we can’t learn from others but many times, the whizzes in certain fields tend to have an agenda. Keep in mind that those who have our best interest in mind are the ones to follow; people like our parents and grandparents.

One time, my daughter stayed with her cousins in my hometown about 60 miles east of where we currently live. I was going over to pick her up but on the way over, I ran into a downpour.  It was so much rain that a part of the highway that goes under a railroad track was flooded. Being from that town, I remembered my dad and grandfather taking another route nearby that went over the tracks instead of under the tracks and then back onto the highway. I took the route and noticed behind me about five other vehicles following me.

No map or app showed the way but experience and following what I had learned growing up got us to where we needed to go. It is much the same in a life with Christ. The experiences we go through and learning how Jesus lived as recorded in the Gospels will lead us to where we need to go.

Some days seem like a fight. We have doubt and we have things that happen that brings us to our knees. It is during these times that we need to go to the ONE who knows. The experts in various fields may have a personal agenda but God has our best interest in mind so lift up your eyes to Him today and receive inspiration from today’s video: He Knows – Jeremy Camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment