Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Shadow of Your Wings

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings
from the wicked who are out to destroy me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me. –Psalm 17:8-9

As shared in the post “First Down”, David prays that God would help him in a distressful situation. Life had blocked David from gaining momentum just as life blocks our path at times. 

The lesson for us is to remain optimistic because with God, we are highly favored. We can overcome our enemies in life by taking in God's Word to fortify. Sometimes the greatest enemy we face is within our own mind. We may say stuff in our own mind like “It’s too difficult … I can’t do this”.

I heard a story one time about a field goal kicker in football who said he recites scripture in his mind when in a pressure situation like kicking the game winning field goal. A scripture like Philippians 4:13 “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” and other memorized scriptures can be very useful when faced with pressure moments in life.

Lord, we pray today that you will protect us. That we will take in Your scripture to fortify us and prepare us for the challenges of life. The devil tries to break us in life but You never forsake us. We are thankful for songs like Savior’s Shadow by Blake Shelton because we gain confidence and inspiration to follow the Way. This day, fill our minds with thoughts like this one from the song: “Grace leads us to where we are free”. In Jesus name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment